Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo day one

Day one is almost over. I've been doing pretty good so far. I updated my NaNo account last night with 2,000 words. For me that isn't too bad. I always try to do no lower than the 1,667 word count per day. I would like to start a routine of trying to out do my previous word count.  Although I do not want to be one of those people who rush through it and try to out do everyone. I want my writing to improve and I know when I rush it gets lazy. So I want to try my best and if that means I only get 2,000 a day done. So be it. At least I am taking my time to make sure my writing is improving.

Like I've said before I want to be a career writer. Although it is fun I think about the reader the whole time while writing. Is this part too slow? Does it need more action? Is this realistic and will they relate to it? So I don't care who hits 10,000 tomorrow. Or who finishes first. I don't see NaNo as a race. I see it as a way to get my butt in gear and pump out a certain amount of words each day. It's a very helpful resource for keeping track of your word count. That's why I love it so much.

I think I may write a blog post each day this month in honor of NaNoWriMo. Not only will it give me a great excuse to post on this blog more often but writing here gives me a break from everything else. I can sit down and focus on writing. I can get excited and gush about my novel and how its coming along. It's a lot of fun for me to talk about writing as its a strong passion of mine. I hope by posting everyday someone of you who read this may become inspired and decided to do NaNo too. Whether its this year or next. Whether its a novel or a journey or even a fanfiction. At least you are sitting down and writing. 

Tomorrow I think I'll write about the German culture that I researched for my novel. 

Thank you for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment