Tuesday, November 19, 2013

NaNoWriMo day 19

I'm currently reading How not to write bad by Ben Yagoda. And this book is amazing. It's very helpful and I feel as if I will learn a lot by the time I finish with it. Which is what my goal was. So I feel getting this book was a great choice. It's very helpful. A lot of the problems I know about and some I'll admit I do but usually catch myself. I'm more than half way done with the novel. In the novel he explains multitasking can lead to "mindless writing" which has been my problem. I like to watch TV shows and listen to music or even randomly go online and look at the news or go on Facebook. So I'm guilty of mindless writing. He wrote music can also lead to mindless writing. which caught me off guard I love listening to music and I know a few other authors who listen to music. But I'm willing to try everything once. So tonight I'm going to try and cut myself off from everything and just focus on writing. Hopefully it goes well. If it does I won't listen to music or watch TV or anything while writing.

My novel is currently at 35k.


Sorry for another short post but I really need to go write. It's already 9:36 P.M. So thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment