Monday, November 4, 2013

NaNoWriMo Day Four

Holy cow Batman, I almost forgot to post a blog today. My fiance and I went out today so I've been away from my computer most of the day and totally forgot until now about posting. So this will be a short and to the point post as its very cold and my fingers are becoming stiff AND I still have to start writing tomorrow's word count. I got my finger-less gloves on but that only makes it harder to type. I had a ton of fun today and enjoyed every single minute of it. Going out always makes me want to write more so I'm going skip watching The Paradise (I love BBC dramas!) and open a tab with GrooveShark to get some good music playing while I work.

Since I'm on the topic of music I might as well as talk about what I like to listen to while writing my novel. From Afar has a lot of emotion to it so I like listening to songs that have meaning with beautiful vocals that inspire me. GrooveShark is an awesome site because you can make your own playlists. I have about four right now. Each for one of my novels. I just made one for From Afar and this is what songs I have so far.

The Curse- Agnes Obel
Words are Dead- Agnes Obel
Submission- Delphic
Fear and Loathing- Marina and the Diamonds
Unlike Me- Kate Havnevik

Agnes Obel, Delphic, Marina and the Diamonds and Kate Havnevik are all artists who have very emotional songs that all meaning. I'll admit Marina and the Diamonds is my favorite to listen to right now so of course I had to include a few songs that I thought were meaningful to this novel. Such as Numb by Marina and The Diamonds, which I just added to the list. That song hits home with me and I think it would be familiar to the main character as well.

I have some other songs that I like to listen while writing because they are awesome. They don't always have to have meaning. Some times I just like the beat. Some of the songs I listen to a lot are...



Northern Lights- 30 Seconds to Mars
Four Things- The Romanovs
Come into my head- Kimbra


And many others. That's it for now. I would love to go on and on about music but I really need to start writing. Its already 11:21 PM. So thank you for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment