Wednesday, November 27, 2013

NaNoWriMo day 27 -END-

That's right. I just hit 50k! I am done with NaNo. But I am not done writing my novel as I still have a few chapters left. I am almost done and see the finish line. Everything is wrapping up and I'm very excited to write the ending scene. This novel has really woken me back up. I've learned a lot from writing it and I am 100% sure that this one will be a keeper. Just because NaNo is over doesn't mean I will stop writing 1,667 words per day. You see, having a word count to do daily has really helped me keep on track with my novel. I normally write about 1,000-2,000 per day without a word goal but wind up skipping days so I fall behind and it winds up taking me about six months to finish a novel. Not any more. I am not allowing myself to fall behind and ignore my work.

From Afar is a very interesting novel so far. I find myself interested when I read over it looking for things to edit. So that's a good sign. My goal is to finish within a week or two and then start editing and revising. Which could take me anywhere from a week to three. It depends on how often my fiance can help me. IT's always good to have someone else read over your work. Especially if you are like me and have bad eye sight. I can easily overlook mistakes. But all authors do that.

I am hoping by the end of December to start sending out query letters. If I have my query letter and synopsis written up by then and I am pleased with how the editing went. I'll finally have time to dig deeper into all the writing books my fiance got me during our last visit to Powells.

This adventure has been amazing. I'm very proud of my novel and am more than willing to stand behind it 100%. I would post a little sneak peek of my novel here but not that many people read my blog so I don't see a point in it. Maybe someday.

Date: November 27th
Time:11:00 P.M
Word count: 50,015
Pages: 169

Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment