Saturday, November 23, 2013

NaNoWriMo day 23

I'm finding myself really distracted today. Not sure why. It could be the rum upstairs or the fact its Doctor Who's 50th anniversary and I really want to see the new special. Or maybe I have a lot of other things on my mind. Like finding the perfect shade of green fabric for my cosplay. Or the fact I stopped sewing early today to write then spent an hour just roaming the web. I'm not sure. But I am very distracted. Which is why I'm writing this post because I am once again distracting myself.

I must be tired. But that isn't an excuse not to write. So I'm trying to focus all my attention on writing. Last night I outlined the major events that are to come in the next chapters. I am super excited to write them as they some of the scenes I have been looking forward to writing since I started plotting this novel.

At this point I don't feel very a part of NaNo. I update my word count everyday and am caught up to where I should be. I'm almost to 50k for goodness sake. But I'm finding myself uninterested in the forums and don't know any other writers my age who I could talk to. So it's been a boring run this year. I do love the prizes and its a great way to get my butt in gear with this novel so I can't complain. I have done a lot in a little time so I'm happy I did it this year.

I recently let my fiance read my novel. And he's hard to get to read something in less he really enjoys it. And it hooked him within the first three pages. So I hope that is a good sign that other people would be interested in it too.

So now I need to go write or I'm going to be behind tomorrow.

See you next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment