Monday, November 18, 2013

NaNoWriMo day 18


Bet you can't guess where we went today. Powells! The city of books. My goal was to find books that can help me improving my writing and help me for when I'm ready to send out query letters. So these were my picks this trip.


How to not write bad. The most common writing problems and the best ways to avoid them.- Ben Yagoda
3 A.M. Epiphany. Uncommmon writing exercises- Brian Kiteley
The kick-ass writer-Chuck Wendig
2014 Children's writer's & illustrator's market- Writer's Digest Books
Grammar desk reference- Gary Lutz & Diane Stevenson

I am so happy that I found 3 A.M. Epiphany. I was researching last night for books to help me and that was one of them that I found. The others were not in the store but I did find some great books that surely will help me improve my writing and give my the confidence I need to move forward with my career.

I can't go to college. I have no money. No job. No way I can go to college. So this is my way to improve myself. I joke about how this is my school. I'm my best teacher. If I can't learn in a classroom then I will make my own classroom. The best part is it costs under $100. Take that world. You gave me a lemon and I popped it into my mouth and sucked on it.

In other news my novel is doing okay. I'm at  33,611 words and am at 115 pages. Not too bad. It's only the second week. I am hoping to do a crazy writing fest again this weekend to get myself into the 40k range. I finally got my bias tape maker so now I have to start sewing too...so I have to make time to sew and look for work while reading these awesome books and writing my word count per day. It's a lot but I'm finding out that the more busy I am the better. My depression isn't so bad and my anxiety doesn't flare up. So I'm happy with having all this stuff to do. Tonight I am going to write for tomorrow's word count and start reading How to not write bad by Ben Yagoda. Since this book is tiny and I can read it within a few hours I thought I'd start light.

Wow. That was a big post. I'm happy I'm no longer writing small posts. That's it for now. I need to go write my arse off. Thank you so much for reading.



0 comments:

Post a Comment