Friday, March 2, 2012

Second guessing

Second guessing yourself, your goals, your work is going to happen. I do this a lot when I don't outline the story before hand. Which I chose not to for my latest project, Insomnium (This means nightmare in Latin) Any who. So I had changed the world of Inso from modern day to Victorian Era and now after writing up a few chapters I'm growing bored.

So since I can't inspire myself enough to keep up with the Victorian era I'm going back to modern. It'll different from before seeing as I am still changing the main character from male to female. I'm writing up a short paragraph for my beta reader to look over and decide which is better. So we'll see how that goes later.

I'm almost 100% sure I'm going to change it to modern day. More teen readers are interested in Modern day any who. So perhaps my reader range will be larger by making this slight change. I'm firm on a plot now so I'm really wanting to move forward. It just wasn't sticking. I didn't feel the way I do about my other characters from my first novel, Promise Me. So I hope this change will work out for the better.

I'll be doing another review later this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment