Sunday, December 2, 2012

First day of work

I'm jittery, thank you anxiety. I don't have a lot of info of where to go or who is training me really and all those unanswered questions makes me on edge. I'm sure it'll be fine. I've been in the store hundreds of times. It's like the first day of school all over again. I'm sitting at my computer, trying to eat although now I'm not really hungry. I'm a bit calmer but still worrying. Thinking things over, trying to stay calm is tough but I wanted to write this blog to share my feelings and worries so I can later laugh at how scared I was to work at one of my favorite stores.

I don't leave until 12:00 p.m so I can arrive a bit early to ask my questions and get set up. I work a long shift today from 1-6 p.m. That makes me really nervous but I think it's because I'm going to be training this week. Tomorrow's shift I like 10-3.30. That'll be a lot easier for me to deal with. The next day and my last day of work this week will be a tough one too, 1-6.30 p.m. But I can handle it. Its like high school, I stayed long hours and over time got used to it. The days would just speed by. I know it'll get easier as time goes by but right now I'm allowing myself to release some of the worry so I can be calm when I walk into the store and ask the cashier where I am supposed to go.

Sure, I would stay home. Stay home and write all day, play Harvest Moon or sit and stare and my computer all day because that's what I've been doing for the last three years. I'm a person of habit. But that has to change. I'm lucky to have this job. I've been searching for such a long time and it was amazing I got such a special job at one of my favorite stores. The positives are much higher than the negatives. Because of this job I can get married, get my driver's licences, move out, become an adult. It's nerve racking really but over time as I get used to this change I think I'll wind up loving the time out of my house and at work.

But right now I'm going to go get ready, do my make-up, fix up my hair a bit, relax and spend time with my pets before I go. If you are like me and are getting ready for work and are nervous as hell, just take a deep breath and keep in mind all the things that are good and will happen because of your new job. These days we are lucky if we get a job at all. So honor the one you have and breathe. Calm down and breathe. It's the best way to focus on what is ahead of you. Like my dad said, it's an adventure.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment