Sunday, December 23, 2012

Being broke

The best thing about being broke is that you learn that gifts aren't everything during the holidays. That family, their stories and hearing their laughs is all that matters. You really learn how to enjoy the small things that normally we take for granted, such as a warm meal, small talk and just sitting around a fire. I'm enjoying this. We may go through hard times but I'm hearing a lot of funny stories and really bonding with my parents and I wouldn't change a thing. Being broke, living off of the bare minimum is hard and isn't fun but it's really brought my family closer. Maybe it will even bring me and brother closer. I'd really like that. This year (I celebrate Yule by the way) I'm focus solely on my family. Ignoring the drama, shredding off the worries is just what I needed.

But the holidays also always remind me of those who should be with us, like my grandpa and sister. I wish they could be there, just for one night. I know in spirit they are always around but its time like these that I can't help but to wonder what it would be like. I suppose I'll always be like that. I had to grow up fairly quickly as a child and but I never felt like an adult until now.


So may your holidays (whichever you celebrate!) be good and fulfilling. I hope you and your loved ones are healthy and well and that you and their new years will be full of good blessings and good luck. May you enjoy them to the fullest. I hope you have a good holiday season and a new year. Many good blessing and kind thoughts.

Happy holidays from me!

-Jessica

0 comments:

Post a Comment