Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Teaser Tuesday- Sequel

So after many days thinking things over and brainstorming with my partner in crime, I have finally choose which idea I would write about. And I picked the sequel to my novel, Promise Me. The sequel will be named Find Me and will be told by the main character's girlfriend. So as a quick teaser here is a sneak peek...


I leaned against the wall, pressing my hands to my sides like I was trapped inside a invisible box, bound with rope and left for dead. He watched me with growing concern but I couldn't care less about his feelings. Dad cleared his throat and said "You shouldn't be focusing on what was. You need to start living in the now." He sighed, rubbing at his forehead the way he did when he was stressed. I was growing wary of his words. "I don't even know who you are anymore, Raelene."

"Some times I don't even know who I am. But all that matters is him." Each word felt heavy as I spoke them. I wanted nothing more to turn around and walk through the wall, escaping him. I wasn't one of his nut job patients. I was his daughter. I glanced up at him and frowned. "I get to choice what I do with my time. If I want to search the world for him until I grow old and gray, then so be it. It's my life. And I won't sit back and play pretend like everyone else."

0 comments:

Post a Comment