Friday, December 16, 2011

Fav Friday- The Replacement

The Replacement Pictures, Images and Photos



Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.

Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.

Edward Scissorhands meets The Catcher in the Rye in this wildly imaginative and frighteningly beautiful horror novel about an unusual boy and his search for a place to belong.

(From Amazon)




The replacement by Brenna Yovanoff is my recent favorite. I cannot put this novel down, although I've read it at least five times now. Every time I pick it up I am captured by this wonderful novel. When this first came out I had seen it a few times and didn't think much of it. I've always been interested in the darker side of fairies and after I found out this novel was about fairies I just had to have it. Then one day I finally got it. As soon as I opened the book I was hooked. I love novels that take their time, to tell you the little details. I adore how Brenna wrote this.

Online I read a sad review saying this novel was flat. I disagree. As a writer myself I normally can foresee how the plot twists and turns but this one I couldn't. The characters are awesome, easy to relate to and unlike anyone else that I've read about.

I was sad when this novel ended. There is so many details, I can image this as a movie, in fact I would love to see it on the big screen.

My favorite part-The whole thing
Rating- 10/10
Times read-Five
Worst part- There isn't a sequel, I'm left wanting more.


This is defiantly a new author to keep a watch on. I have yet to read her second novel but I'm looking forward to reading that as well.

Where to buy-
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Brenna-Yovanoff/dp/1595143378





0 comments:

Post a Comment