Thursday, December 8, 2011

Research

I enjoy making mistakes. Mainly because it gives me a chance to go back and makes things better. I'm not a fan of reading teen dramas but after reading something on a friend's wall on FB I found out another YA novel series has the same name as the town in my novel.

Since I want my novel to stand out and be as unique as possible. So I'm changing the name of the town, which is the main setting in my story.

Since RoseWood is out....
Link
I've been trying to think up new names. So far I've found a great little site that generates random names. This site http://nine.frenchboys.net/housing.php is a good way to start getting ideas.

A good way to start coming up with names for towns are using these terms.

Wood
Vile
Groves
Heights
Shore
Bay
Point
Bridge
Meadows
Square

Are just some ideas to get you started. Anyway make sure you do your research. It might not matter that my town has the same name as a teen drama because mine is a paranormal YA. But to stand out more, I'm changing it. Not looking forward to going into my 100k+ novel and changing the names....but it'll be worth it in the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment