Monday, December 23, 2013

Soon, it ends.

Man, I have been super busy lately. Haven't had much time to go on here and post. So here I am (finally.) A lot has happened. My novel, From Afar is coming to a close. I can feel it reaching it's ending. It's bittersweet as I've really fallen for this plot and the characters are very fun to write about. But everything good must end. And there will be a lot of editing to do before I can start getting it ready to send to agents. I have a good feeling about this novel. I really do. I've put a lot of emotion into this novel. Heck, I've even cried while writing some of the scenes. Hopefully that emotion is strong and pulls through to the readers.

My goal is to finish up before January. Right now my novel is at 66,177 words and 223 pages. Not bad. I want to get to at least 70k when it's finished. Although there are a few scenes I want to add in so it may grow larger when I'm in the editing/revising stage. Which is perfectly fine with me, as long as I can reach my goal. I'm hoping to get the editing start right away once the novel is finished. I would love to start sending out query letters by the middle of January. It's a lot of work ahead of me but I have time. So I going to put my soul into this novel and hope for the best.

But that's all I can really say about my novel right now. I'm currently wrapping up one of the three last chapters and am really excited to finish. The ending scene is going to be powerful and really fun to write. It was the first scene I created when I first decided to go ahead and write this story. I can't wait!

In other news I got something pretty awesome for the holidays...



A bookshelf! Geez. I needed a nice bookshelf for a long time and I am so thankful my fiance decided to get me this for the holidays. Look at all those books! They look so sad. ;_;

I hate having my books stacked up like this but I have to wait until my father can nail the bookshelf into the wall. Since there is plug in behind the shelf my fiance didn't want to risk sticking a nail into the wire in the wall. So I have to wait. There are four shelves. Five if you count the bottom. I think I may need to hoard more books. Below are all my novels and nonfiction novels. And above are manga and graphic novels. I can't wait to organize the shelves. There will be so much space VS what I had been storing my books on. I love it. I couldn't be happier.


Anyway, another thing I have started doing is collecting words and phrases. Why? To help improve my writing of course. I've been stuck using certain phrases and words too often so this will help me change that by giving me some examples (that I can easily get to.) to stop using those phrases/words too often. It's really helped already even though I only have one page filled out so far. It's really fun going online, reading and writing down words I find interesting or that I don't use often enough.

I gotta collect them all!


Thanks for reading. I wish you a happy holiday season. May you find happiness and joy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment