Friday, September 28, 2012

WD,writing homework!

Really cracking down on learning how to be my best at writing. Learning and improving is really important to me, especially since I can't go to school to learn more about new writing techniques. So since I've been having a lot of migraines lately I've been focusing on really digging into my writing novels/Writer's Digest magazine, ect. I have to say in the newest issue (October 2012) of Writer's Digest I'm really enjoying the "Ask An Agent Anything" section. I'm really learning a lot more about agents and my questions are being answered. I have a lot more respect for them after seeing how they answered. It makes me more excited to work with one in the future.

If you are just starting out I suggest doing research while writing your novel/ or after you've finished. It really helps calm your nerves and learn more about what you are getting yourself into. I often sit back and think about what it would be like to get "the call" from an agent. I know I'd be nervous, but excited. Most likely speechless. I hope that day will come in the near future.

To make that dream happen working hard is my only option. Improving, learning and fixing my past mistakes is what I am focusing on. In order to get published I must work for it. It's time to step it up and really focus hard on improving myself. I know it'll be hard and I'll have a lot of editing to do but maybe this is what I needed in order to get published.

Here is what I'm reading/going to read.

Bullies, Bastards & Bitches: How to write the bad guys of fiction. (Jessica Page Morrell)

Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies For Every Writer. (Roy Peter Clark)



0 comments:

Post a Comment