Thursday, April 26, 2012

Music to inspire

As I said a few posts ago I'm aiming to finish my novel within three months. In order to do so I have to be inspired, lost in music so I slip into the world I'm writing about. This is going to be a rather short post because I'm supposed to be writing right now. ;)

I'll be naming a three bands that never fail to inspire me and a few random songs that are on my ipod and melt away reality and bring me into the world I'm writing about.

Number one on my list is...

Miike Snow

Not only did their first album get me through writing a novel, but their songs also help me control my anxiety attacks. So I adore them greatly for their unique songs and twist on music. There is no band like them they are one of a kind.

Album one-Miike Snow
Album Two-Happy to see you

Favorite song-In search of


Next is...

Delphic

A rather new band. Who are also unique and one of a kind. Their songs are beautiful and really manage to pull me away from real life and into my novels. Their music videos are interesting and lovely in their own right.

They only have one album (I don't know the name)

Favorite song-This Momentary


Third is...

Ashbury Heights

They have around six albums. (way too many to name. I don't want to lose my song on my ipod right now)

Favorite song-Hope


Random songs

Sweet Dreams (Are made of this)- Emily Browning for SuckerPunch

 No light, No light-Florence + the machine

DJ ease my mind-Niki And the dove

Ready to go- Panic! At the disco

Shinku no fatalism-Kanon Wakeshima (I was lucky enough to see her preform live!)

So that's it for now. I'll be making a list of songs for each chapters later on once I have around ten chapters. Right now I'm only chapter two. So have fun writing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment