Sunday, October 6, 2013

The end.

My novel is almost finished. And when I mean almost I mean there is two scenes left for me to write. Right now the word count is at 73,131 and there are 250 pages. I'm pretty sure I'll hit my goal of 80,000 words either tonight or tomorrow. The novel is at a good stopping point. I'm happy with how its coming together. It's been a long year and I've proved to myself I can start and finish novels once more. I still have a lot of editing to do as well as add in a few scenes I had forgotten about. I do already have my fourth novel planned but I am not letting myself write it until I am done with editing. My plan pretty much is the same. I may take a few weeks to let the novel sit while I write up a query letter and synopsis then go back and edit some more before sending out some query letters.

Today I'm taking it easy, going with the flow as I am on the path to finishing the novel. I was going to have a horror movie marathon but couldn't find any good ones (I watch a lot of movies. And am picky.) so I decide to re-watch one of my favorite series, Hemlock Grove. This shows makes werewolves and vampires look amazing. There is certain vibe to the show. I love it so much. I can't wait until season two.

I'm trying my best not to rush so watching a good show, listening to music and taking breaks to read is really helping me. I always rush at the end of a novel. Expect when I'm in the writing mode and it flows naturally. I'm hoping to get the ending on my first try but if not that's why there is a DELETE key on our keyboards. I'm hoping to be finished by tomorrow. I have a lot of editing to do and lots of layout work to do for my fourth novel, From Afar.

I've been wanting to write From Afar for a while but decided I should wait. It will be written in third person which I personally feel I'm better at writing. It'll take a lot more thinking and more planning but I'm excited. It will involve a creature from German folklore that I've never seen be written about in a YA novel. It also allows me to dig deeper into my German ancestry. I've very excited to learn more and have an excuse to learn more German.

So that's it for now. I need to get started here in a bit.

Toodles for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment