Friday, September 20, 2013

Third person

I think I know why I feel so unsure about the novel I'm writing. While writing it I'm also doing some layout work to my next novel and while trying to decide if I want to write third or first I realized I miss writing third person. When I first started writing I only wrote in third. Now I sort of miss that. It's much better, more detailed, longer, there is just more to it. Like my fiance said it's like a camera I can zoom in on the main character then zoom out when I want and focus on the whole picture. I think that's what I've been missing. First is great and it worked well for my first novel but I've become lazy with it.

I do remember reading a few articles about agents wanting more third person so maybe that's where I can turn my attention to and try improving so I can get published. I do agree with third person novels being very slim pickings these days due to everyone writing in first. Which isn't an issue. I enjoy both. But I will admit I do find a third person novel much more interested as they are normally longer and I read very quickly. So maybe this was how I was meant to write. I'll give it another try and learn more as I go on. I am almost done and hopefully can finish editing and revising within a month before NaNoWriMo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment