Saturday, November 10, 2012

Writer's block

As some of you know November is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and it's a month long writing experience where you aim to reach 50,000 words in 30 days. The last two times I had joined in on the fun I realized I find myself lost in a haze of....DUN DUN DUN.....writer's block. I get all excited about out-lining, plotting and smoothing out the fine details but when I start writing I get lost. The words are lacking and something isn't right. I suppose I could blame it on stress, which I am VERY stressed and worried over my job situation, which is a really weird on.

No doubt it would affect my writing but I'm starting to doubt the novel I'm writing. At first I thought, sure this could sell. It's one of a kind but bow I'm rethinking that. I do of course have another idea in mind but it's the tenth already. If I starting writing that I would have to skip out on the fun of NaNo. I'm just unsure of what to do. My feelings are a mess, tangled together like the medley of wires behind my computer. It's a bit nerve racking really. I don't want to miss out on the fun yet if I want to push towards getting published I need to hurry up and finish a novel. I haven't finished one since my novel PM. I wanted to prove to myself that I COULD finish one novel...just one but I'm now left wondering what to do.

Prove it to myself and finish the novel I'm working on?

Or....


Start on a fresh idea?


I think I'll go play my new 3ds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment