Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A change in plans, new project.

So after thinking things though I have decided not to finish the novel I'm working on (UnNatural) and quit NaNoWriMo. Why? It's becoming a chore. I've been pretty sickly lately thanks to my migraines and a cold and writing is becoming a chore. I just can't get into the story anymore because of stress. It's just not a good year for doing something like NaNo, although the program is wonderful and can be a lot of fun. It's just not right for me at this time and place. I really didn't want to stop but sitting there and writing a story I no longer connected with felt like a waste of time when all I could think about was my new project.

Which leads me into my next subject...

Since I no longer writing the UN, I'm going to write the story that has been brewing in my mind for a while now, a fantasy/steampunk novel with all sorts of interesting plot twists. The main character I created a while back when I was pondering writing a red ridding hood story. She is a kick ass woman who's out for blood- the prince's blood that is. The plot is still being smoothed out but the main idea is my main character, who is from a "outersider" tribe of solely women, pretends to be a noble woman in order to marry the prince. But her plans aren't as simple as marrying the prince and becoming a queen, no, she wants to kill him.

But that's all I'm going to say about the plot for now. I want it hush-hush. I'm using my love for Victorian history and steampunk culture to create a world where steam VS nature/magic. I have a clear picture of how I want this story to go and I can't wait to start writing it.

Right now I'm gathering info, Victorian court rules,  Forced marriages in the 18-19th centuries, folklore (Not naming the creature/s), ect. I'm really into historical royal life so this will be right up my alley and it can go many different ways.


I'll be updating often as I start writing later this month. I'll also be posting some research posts (Which will range from topic to topic but most likely will be about Victorian court life.)


Thanks for reading my blog. The numbers sure have rose in the last month. Thank you so kindly for reading all my rambles, rants and novel nonsense.

0 comments:

Post a Comment