Monday, April 1, 2013

Update and Camp NaNoWriMo

Hello all, long time no write. Been super busy with Sakura-con. Which I just got back from yesterday. Conventions really take it out of you, especially if your cosplaying and making your own costumes which I did this time. I had fun, although I didn't win the costume contest, I made many great new memories I'll have forever.

But anyway...

While at the con when I was sitting in the window at our hotel, I realized how much I've pushed away writing. That I've let go of my will to learn and improve and replaced it with just plain laziness. And that the novel I'm working on must be finished. I can't keep dragging it out, being afraid of this and that. I have so many other ideas waiting in line and I'm ready to get deeper into this story.

So I'm going to take the next two months to finish it. No if and or buts. I'm really going to focus on it. Hopefully its good enough. I need to focus on improving my writing style and learning how to push myself. So I thought "What is a good way to push myself hard and keep myself organized."

Then this morning I was roaming FaceBook when I saw something about camp NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and thought "YES! This is it!" A light bulb ticked on. Not only will I keep myself writing a certain amount each day but I love their site set up. Its fun and interesting. The only downfall was it stopped working after I got all my info updated. So I have to try again later.

Tonight I'm going to try (I'm REALLY tired) and write a short synopsis for Camp NaNo. I have about 10,000 right now and my word goal is about 70-80k. I want to be finished by next month. So wish me luck! It'll be a ton of work and lots of stress but the best thing is I'll  have learned a very important lesson....


Don't let go of your dream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment